The Real Techniques brushes, designed by Samantha Chapman; a professional makeup artist known as one half of the Pixiwoo sisters on YouTube, first created the Real Techniques brush line to bring a professional finish to your makeup at home and from the high street. The Real Techniques ‘Core Collection’ is one of many collections Sam has designed specifically in mind to give an easy flawless finish to any makeup look, anywhere, anytime.
About the brushes
- The Real Techniques brushes are made with synthetic bristles, making them extra soft, compared to other makeup brushes I’ve used, and easier to create a flawless look. With the bristles being synthetic it also means they’re cruelty free.
- Each collection or individual brush is colour-coded, orange brushes are for a flawless base, purple for enhanced eyes and pink for the perfect finish. As well as each brush being colour-coded they are also cut to the perfect shape of your hand making them easy to grip, allowing precise application and therefore a perfect finish to your makeup.
- pointed foundation brush: ideal for liquid foundation, the brush itself is quite small but allows for a precise application and is easy to use to build the foundation to your desired coverage.
- contour brush: ideal for highlighter or bronzing powder to create a contour and soft finish to your makeup look.
- detailer brush: a small precise brush which can be used for multi-purpose, e.g. conceal problem areas or use with lipstick to create precise, long-lasting definition and shape to your lips.
- buffing brush: can also be used for liquid foundation, powders or mineral makeup, this brush creates a full coverage application.
- the brush case is ideal for travelling or transporting your makeup brushes as it protects them and keeps them safe as well as doubling up as a stand (folds back on itself creating a stand).
My thoughts on the Core Collection
In my opinion the Real Techniques Core Collection is a very useful collection to have, especially if you are a massive fan of all things make up like myself. Not only are the brushes well designed, they’re also very well made. I have had my Real Techniques Core Collection brushes for over a year now, they have NEVER shed a single hair, they wash perfectly and are like brand new once washed, the best thing about them is that they are very affordable and worth ever penny as they are such good value for money.
It is safe to say that Samantha Chapman is a genius, she has brought the high street amazing products, and for people like me who are unable to afford high-end brands she has definitely delivered a high-end experience to our doorstep.
Overall I rate the Real Techniques Core Collection 5/5 as they live up to the hype, they deliver flawless results and are still going strong after more than a year of constant use. This also applies to the other Real Techniques brushes and collections, they are all designed and made very well. In my opinion; they are faultless.