Hi beauties. ☼
I know this is two days late but I had already scheduled a post for Wednesday, so don’t fret, the Disney Series continues…
I decided I would re-create the look of Mulan. She isn’t the most conventional Disney Princess, but that’s why she’s one of my favourites 🙂 Oh yea, don’t forget to vote on the poll (end of post) for which Princess’ makeup you’d like me to re-create next week! xo
Anyway, let’s get on to it…
As always, I started off with a freshly cleansed, toned & moisturised face (if you’d like to see my morning skincare routine click here). As you can see my eye bags look particularly dark & I have a few blemishes! Oh, I’d already had mascara on earlier in the day so I didn’t bother taking it off!! #lazy
1. As Mulan has super perfect skin I used my all time fave foundation; L’Oreal True Match Foundation (for a review click here) to even out those nasty blemishes & dark circles. I applied this all over my face in a buffing/stippling motion using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.
2. To conceal the dark circles I used my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, I just press this into the skin using my ring finger. Although the foundation does an amazing job at evening out the skin tone i still need extra coverage for my under eyes! They were particularly bad this day.
3. To ensure your face makeup lasts all day don’t forget to powder it. I used the FAB Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder.
4. Mulan has a peach-y, pink blush to her cheeks, so to re-create that I mixed together my Natural Collection Blushes in the shades Peach Melba & Pink Cloud. This gave me the closest & most gorgeous colour to my cheeks. To apply the blush I used my RT Stippling Brush, this brush is fool-proof, it doesn’t pick a ton of product up which is great when working with blushes! 🙂
On with the eyes. Mulan has quite a simple makeup look, I choose to contour the socket of my eye with Benefit’s Hoola, to apply this I used the RT Base Shadow Brush! I then lined my lash line & winged it out a little, nothing too dramatic but just to give the eyes a bit of a lift. To do this I used my Maybelline Gel Liner in Black & my 17 angled brush to get a precise line/wing. Using my Rimmel White Kohl Liner I lined my waterline to open up my eyes. As I already had my Maybelline Rocket Volum’ Mascara on, I just went over the lashes to intensify them.
To finish off the look I combed through my brows & defined them with my brown Eyebrow Pencil (don’t know the brand, sorry!!). I curved my eyebrows, rather than creating a precise angle, as Mulan’s brows are more rounded. To complete the look I applied my Topshop Lips in Screen Siren, I over drew my top & bottom lips to make them look more pouty & defined, like Mulans.
Overall I like how this Mulan inspired makeup look turned out. As always, we cannot end without a selfie, a fierce Mulan selfie to be precise…
I hope you’ve enjoyed this Mulan inspired look as much as I enjoyed creating it. I absolutely adore Disney & doing these makeup looks makes me sooooo excited 😀
Which Disney Princess would you like to see me re-create next week?
Lots of Love Natasha ❤
– ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ –
Have you enjoyed this post? Then hit the like button or feel free to leave me a comment or contact me via any of my social media websites – hearing from you beauties makes me SMILE! 😀 – Don’t forget to follow me for daily posts about make-up, beauty & all the good stuff in-between! xo