Hi beauties. ☼
When I had pink dip-dyed hair I got comments on saying how nice it was & how much you beauties like it. So today I thought I’d share with you what I used & how I got pink dip-dyed hair! 🙂
Before I get into this post I just want to say that the colour intensity obviously depends on the colour of your hair already. As I dye my hair a lighter blonde anyway I had a good light base for the colour to go on to. However, if you have darker hair you may have to bleach it before hand to get an intense colour pay-off!
La Riche Directions Hair Colour is a semi-perminant hair dye, it comes in 34 shades which can also be mixed, so there’s a colour to suit EVERYONE 😀 The hair colour I chose was ‘Carnation Pink’, it is a muted pink colour, which does fade well as it becomes more of a candyfloss pink.
Although this is a semi-perminant hair colour it did last very well in my hair, it probably stayed quite an intense colour for a couple of weeks before fading. Saying this though, I only was my hair 2-3 times a week. So if you’re someone who washes their hair everyday it’s obviously going to fade a lot quicker.
How to apply
I hold my hands up, the first time I had it done was by my twin sister’s friend at uni. So when I re-dyed my hair a month or so later with the same pink I just followed her method of doing it. This is how she achieved the dip-dyed look…
- Brush through the hair well so there’s no knots.
- Seperate the hair into two down the centre & tie a bobble at the point you want your dip-dye to start. Make sure the bobbles are even as this is the guide to wear you’ll apply the colour.
- Ensure the loose bits of hair are knot free & liberally apply the hair dye so each & every piece of the loose hair (below the bobble) is covered in dye.
- Then leave the colour on the hair for about 30 minutes. This ensures enough time for the product to adhere to the hair, the colour I used sort of stained my hair as it still hasn’t fully come out after a few months.
- Once 30 mins is up wash out the colour. I found it best to rinse the majority of the colour out by sticking the pigtail under the tap. Once the majority of the colour is out hop into the shower & rinse until the colour in the water becomes less & less. It may not become totally clear but that’s because its semi-perminant so you’ll most likely see a bit of colour in the water the next few times you wash your hair.
- Lastly, dry your hair (blow-dry or air dry totally up to you) & enjoy your new style 🙂
This was after I had dyed my hair first time. As you can see it’s very bright, but how cool did it look? I LOVED IT 🙂
By the way, I didn’t purchase my hair dye from the website as you have to buy it by the box & I only wanted one tub. I bought mine from eBay, just type ‘La Riche Directions hair colour’ into the search bar & a ton of different colours will appear – also it is so much cheaper from eBay.
La Riche Directions Website – http://www.lariche.co.uk/directions-hair-colour
I hope this post has helped to shed a bit of light on how I got my pink dip-dyed hair. If you have any further questions please ask, I’ll try answer them as best as I can 🙂
Have a lovely day beauties xo
Lots of Love Natasha ❤
– ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ –
Have you enjoyed this post? Then hit the like button or feel free to leave me a comment or contact me via any of my social media websites – hearing from you beauties makes me SMILE! 😀 – Don’t forget to follow me for daily posts about make-up, beauty & all the good stuff in-between! xo