I’ve been using my slow cooker a lot recently so thought I would share my slow cooker beef stew that’s a hit with all the family!
Hands up if you love using a slow cooker🙋♀️🙋♀️
What you’ll need:
- Beef stew about 400 grams (depends how meaty you want it to be)
- Stew pack or any veg you have. I usually just use what needs using up in the fridge. In this I used 4 carrots, 1 parsnip, 1 large leek, 1 suede, handful of green beans & 2 onions
- 1 pint of veg or beef stock
- Italian mixed herbs
- Smoked paprika
- 2/3 cloves fresh garlic
- Worcestershire sauce
- Set your slow cooker on high
- Pour in your pint of beef or veg stock
- Add the beef (defrosted or frozen)
- Chop the vegetables how ever you wish, I usually dice up the onions as the kids aren’t so keen on big pieces of onion and chop the other vegetables into bigger chunks. I just chuck the green beans in whole (top & tail them, chop a small amount of both ends off)
- Smash & dice up your garlic – cut a small amount off both ends and peel the outer skin off. Smash the garlic with your knife to release that beautiful flavour & dice up before adding to your slow cooker
Once you have chopped & added everything in to your slow cooker season as you wish. I usually put a pinch of salt in & a teaspoon of pepper, smoked paprika, ginger, Italian mixed herbs & generous amount of Worcestershire sauce. But this is totally optional & you can choose how you want to season it.
I’ll then leave it a good 8 hours to cook away, this is a perfect one to do on an evening or in the morning ready for tea time 😊 I often do if before I leave for work & by the time I’m home its all ready to eat. I do add gravy granules to thicken the stock 20 minutes or so before serving.
I served this with mash but you can have it by itself or add potatoes in to the stew (used to put potatoes in but my other half is cutting carbs for a while)
Thanks for reading. If you like food posts please let me know below 😊❤️
☆Let’s be friends☆