The Liebster Award
The award recognizes up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 500 followers, it’s a way for all of us to get to know each other and allow our readers to get to know us a little better as well!
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees
Today is a very exciting day, I never thought I would’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award. I’d like to say a HUGE thank you to lipglossandleather, mybeautycenter, silkandchic, Nicole of Bolt Blogs, Kirsts of Lipstickedxo, BeckyShea & RoseMeregildo for nominating me. They are such brilliant bloggers & gorgeous too, so I suggest you go check out their blogs (if you haven’t already!!) 🙂 xo
1. You’re going on a date, whats your go to makeup look?
Definitely a smokey eye, not too dark but just defined and smoked out to make it look like you made some effort!
2. What is your wardrobe staple?
Black jeans, they go with everything & anything. They can be dressed up or down! 🙂
3. What is your favourite feature on yourself?
My eyes. I have green (sometimes they seem to change to blue) eyes & luckily I’m blessed with naturally long lashes!!
4. What colour would I find the most of if I were to look through your wardrobe?
Mainly dark colours, we’re in spring now & approaching summer so that will definitely be changing sooner or later!
5. If you had to choose foundation or mascara to wear if you were in a rush, which would you choose?
Probably foundation to cover up my redness/blemishes. My eyelashes are naturally quite long so I can get away with it 🙂
6. Nude or bright lips?
This is a tough one. I love both, depending on the look I’m wearing, but as its spring (nearly summer!!) I’m starting to wear bight lips more. So bright lips 🙂
7. What was the last purchase you made?
Real Techniques Starter Set 🙂
8. What would you wear on a lazy day?
Leggings and a slouchy t-shirt/jumper!
9. Do you have a pet, if so, what kind, if not, what is your dream pet?
Yes, I have two dogs. A 14 year-old Pekingese named Penny & a 5 year-old Cocker Spaniel named Lilly! 🙂
10. Go to nail colour?
Fuschia, love bright pinks on my nails. I usually do a sparkly accent nail to go with it as well 🙂
1. If you could do anything, what would your ideal career be?
Make-up artist 🙂
2. What do you prefer, liquid foundation vs. mineral powder foundation vs. tinted moisturizer?
Liquid foundation! I’ve never really tried many mineral foundations & although I do like tinted moisturisers I like a medium coverage, at least!
3. What is your favorite makeup product?
4. How would you define your everyday style?
5. If you participate to a survivor challenge, what is one thing that you will take with you to help you out?
My twin sister, two heads are better than one 😉
6. What is your favourite colour?
7. If you could have lunch with any person in the world, dead or alive, who would it be?
Taylor Swift, I idolise her!
8. What is one main goal you have in regards to your blog?
To inspire and help as many people as I can, I have a blog because I enjoy it & hope others enjoy it too!!
9. What is your choice of perfect relaxation?
Snuggled up in-front of the TV with a box of chocs & a cup of tea 😀
10. Leather pants, yes or no?
Leather look pants YES! But I don’t think I’ve ever worn real leather pants & to be honest I don’t think I would.
11. What do you in yourself as your main strength?
Friendly & easy to talk to 🙂
silkandchic has also nominated me, so I have to add 13 facts about myself & answer questions she did. Here we go for the 13 facts… *scratches head* – this could be hard!
1. I have an identical twin sister named Jess (beautifulbreakable) ♥
2. I LOVE bands, especially All Time Low – I saw them live on 13.03.14 😀
3. My fave crisps are pickled onion space raiders.
4. I met Olly Murs on 11.08.11.
5. I dye my hair a lighter blonde.
6. I have two dogs & three cats.
7. My best friend literally lives next door.
8. My fave high-end makeup brand is Benefit.
9. My fave drugstore makeup brand is probably Maybelline or Revlon.
10. I live on the East Coast of the UK.
11. My arms are freakishly long.
12. My shoe size is a womens 8.
13. Last but not least; Taylor Swift is my idol. (saved till the last as 13 is her lucky number :))
1. How and when did you decide you want to be a blogger?
Probably after watching countless YouTube videos for the past few years & realising that makeup & beauty are my only real passions!!
2. What’s one piece of advice you would give a new blogger?
Be on other social network sites (twitter, facebook, instagram, etc!) it really broadens your audience & makes it easier to get your blog known 🙂
3. What are some of your hobbies?
Obviously blogging/YouTube videos, but I also love to socialise with friends & family & walk my gorgeous doggies 🙂
4. One thing i’ve always wanted to do?
Probably travel the world. It’d be amazing to be able to see & experience other cultures!
5. Who’s your fave musician?
Taylor Swift & Alex Gaskarth (All Time Low lead) – their music is the BOMB.
6. Tell us about one adventure you have had?
As a kid we visited somewhere in France & found an old derelict church, we decided to explore it & all I can say is WOW! It was beautiful & just amazing to be able to travel back in time!
7. Whats is your fav post you have written?
Urm… the one I’ve just wrote about my evening skincare (click here to read).
8. My Biggest Acheivement?
Actually having the guts to post my first YouTube video a few months ago 🙂 (click here to checkout my channel).
9. Who inspires you?
Sinead Cady (aka The Makeup Chair), her videos have helped me so much & has also supported me on starting my YouTube Channel 🙂
10. If you could live in another time period when and why?
Probably the 80’s, they had such good music!!
11. What are you most excited about this spring/ summer?
Holiday with my twin & bestie ☺♥
Nicole of Bolt Blogs questions
1. What is one city/country you have yet to visit and would like to?
Ireland. Although I live in the UK I have never visited!
2. Any tattoos? Do you want any?
I only have the one tattoo at the moment (its a medium sized one on my left side!)
3. What is your favorite television show?
I love Revenge!
4. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Depends what mood I’m in mostly. But right now, chocolate.
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
Taylor Swift, my woman crush! She’s flawless in everyway!
6. What is the one part of your makeup routine you spend the most time on?
Probably eyes 🙂
7. You are running late and only have time for either hair or makeup. Which do you do?
8. What’s the one thing that makes you feel on top? (A red lip, heels, great jeans?)
9. What’s the one thing you’re afraid to do with your look but think about often? (Purple hair, black lipstick?)
Inject more colour into my eye-makeup.
10. Who is the one singer/band you would want to see? (Dead or alive)
I would say All Time Low, but I recently saw them live (I’d see them again & again if I could) but someone I haven’t seen, I’d choose Taylor Swift as she has been such an inspiration to me for many years!!
11. If you could go back in time and teach yourself one makeup trick when you were first starting, what would it be?
Eyeliner, whether it’s winged or not, I used to be TERRIBLE at it. Practice makes perfect girls 🙂
Kirsts (Lipsticksxo) questions;
1. What is the first makeup item you bought for yourself?
Oh gosh, seems like ages ago… but it’d probably have been mascara 🙂
2. Do you have a signature scent or perfume?
Now-a-days people know I’ve walked into a room when they smell Taylor Swift Wonderstruck, so I’d say that’s my signature perfume!!
3. Do you still use anything that you bought (or since repurchased) when you first got into makeup?
Yes, my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte Powder 🙂
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
Russell Howard ♡
5. Milk, Dark or White Chocolate?
Gotta love dark chocolate, mmm!!!
6. What is your next makeup purchase going to be?
Bright eyeshadow palette. Want to do some fun looks for you guys & for my YouTube videos!!
7. If you could come back as any animal what would it be?
Dog. Always owned a pet dog & have such a passion for them, they’re gorgeous creatures ♡
8. What’s on your ultimate pizza?
BBQ sauce, spicy chicken, pineapple, peppers, onion, hot chillis & even more BBQ SAUCE!!! (cannot get enough of BBQ sauce!)
9. Do you collect anything other than makeup?
I have quite a large collection of nail polish 🙂
10. What’s one word your best friend would use to describe you?
Brave – how my twin described me ❤
11. Do you still have anything from your childhood like toys or blankets?
My pekingese, she’s 14 years old & has been in my life since I was about 5 🙂
1. What are three of your ‘Holy Grail’ products?
Benefit They’re Real, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder & Real Techniques Brushes (they’re all too amazing to pick one!!)
2. What’s the best skincare product you’ve come across?
Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. I couldn’t be without it!
3. What is your favourite ‘pick-me-up’ drink?
4. Favourite naughty snack?
KitKat Chunky 🙂
5. How often do you use face masks?
Hardly ever, I probably should but I’m looking for a new one *let me know what your fave face masks are :)*
6. What’s your top make-up application tip?
Less is more. Don’t cake the make-up on! REMEMBER make-up is there to enhance our beauty, not create a whole new face!
7. What’s your favourite trend this season?
8. Best 5 products under £5?
Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (can you tell I love this?), Simple Light Moisturiser, Maybelline Colour Tattoo’s & Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.
9. Are you a heels or flats girl?
Flats, I’m naturally quite tall about 5 foot 9/10 so I’m taller than most people anyway! 🙂
10. What’s top on your ‘wish list’ currently?
11. Favourite chill out activity?
Snuggled up with my boyfriend watching TV ❤
How long is your daily cosmetic routine?
On a daily basis it probably only takes me 10-15 mins to do my makeup!
What is your favorite moisturizer ?
Simple Light Moisturiser
What is your favorite movie ?
Favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
Breakfast or Lunch?
What do you prefer pencil,liquid,or gel liner?
Recently I’ve been getting back into gel liner, so at the mo’ gel liner!
Summer or winter ?
Early bird or night owl?
Sweet or salty?
Favorite cosmetic brand?
Favorite music group?
All Time Low (wearing their band hoodie as I type this!)
Jessica Leeman – beautifulbreakable
- What 5 beauty items would you take to a desert island?
- Blush or Bronzer?
- What was your last beauty buy?
- You’re in a rush, you can only choose one beauty item to wear that day. What would you choose; foundation, mascara or lipstick/gloss?
- What is your favourite perfume?
- Which make-up brand do you have most of? and why?
- What was the first blog you ever read?
- If you could only use one brand of make-up for the rest of your life, which would it be?
- What is your most worn item in your wardrobe?
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
Once again, thank you lipglossandleather, mybeautycenter, silkandchic, Nicole, Kirsts BeckyShea & RoseMeregildo for nominating me, I appreciate it A LOT!♥
♥ YouTube Channel