So I’ve been super super busy this week, where has it gone? Time just seems to fly these days!!! I hope you are all well & haven’t missed me too much 😉
Due to my lack of posts I’m going to make sure I get back into the routine & create a blogging schedule. Don’t worry I’m still here. 🙂
Anyway, since it’s Monday I’ll be doing a Monday Makeup of the day (this is going to be a weekly thing!) ❤
So the other night I had a couple of hours free, so I decided to create a makeup look of the ‘Spotlight Eye’ trend. I really liked how it turned out; so here it is…
I started off by cleansing my skin, Iused a new product, Soap & Glory No Clogs Allowed Face Mask (review coming on Friday!). I then moisturised my face. To let that sink into the skin I decided to do my eyes before skin. 🙂
To even the skin tone on my eyes I used a bit of concealer. To set that in place I used the lightest shade in my Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Palette (all shadows used are from this palette!). To create a transition through my crease I used a medium toned brown as my transition shade!!
To add more definition I just kept building the intensity of the medium toned brown all throughout the crease, even the inner part of the eye. Just make sure you leave the centre of the lid nice and bright! Hence the name, spotlight eye. 🙂
I decided I wanted to deepen the look further, so using the darkest matte shade in the palette I blended this through the crease from inner corner to outer corner. Remember.Blend blend blend!!!!
To brighten the centre I reapplied the lightest shade and a small amount of the lightest shimmery shade. Keep this in the very centre for that strong focus on the eye!
– L’Oréal True Match Foundation in W1
– Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1
– Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in translucent
– Benefit Hoola Bronzer
– Catrice Blush
– Mua Highlighter in English Rose
– Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Dark
– MAC Creme Cup – nude lip option
– Maybelline Colour Sensational Shocking Coral – bright lip option
I really loved how this looked in the end. 🙂
What do you think of the spotlight eye trend? ❤
Tomorrow is the last day of my giveaway, it ends 08/09 @ 5pm!
So I wore this makeup last week out to dinner with my boyfriend, he took me out before I went on holiday 🙂 I really liked how it turned out so I thought I’d make a post for you…
Here is what the makeup looked like:
♥ L’Oreal True Match Foundation
♥ Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
♥ MUA Mosaic Blush in English Rose
♥ Benefit Hoola Bronzer
♥ MUA Heaven & Earth Pallette – used the lightest colour all over the lid & in the inner corners of my eyes. I used a mid tone on the outer half & then put a dark colour on the outer edges of the eye to darken the look!
♥ Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl in Black – tight-line & waterline.
♥ Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl in Purple – Smudged along lower lashline (hasn’t picked up well on camera though!)
♥ Maybelline One By One Mascara in Black.
♥ Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Medium Brown – already in looooove with this product 😀
Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Hot Plum – this is such a beautiful colour & the formula of these lippys are gorgeous!!
AS you can see in this picture the MUA Blush just gives you a rose-y glow, it honestly does look lovely on the cheek & for the price I’m not going to complain 🙂
Have you tried any MUA products? Do you like them? Any recommendations?
Thanks for reading beauties, have a fabulous day xo
Lots of Love Natasha ❤
– ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ –
Be sure to followme for daily posts about make-up, beauty & all the good stuff in-between! Like & commentto let me know what you think. It really does make me smile 🙂 xo
I know this is two days late but I had already scheduled a post for Wednesday, so don’t fret, the Disney Series continues…
I decided I would re-create the look of Mulan. She isn’t the most conventional Disney Princess, but that’s why she’s one of my favourites 🙂 Oh yea, don’t forget to vote on the poll (end of post) for which Princess’ makeup you’d like me to re-create next week! xo
Anyway, let’s get on to it…
As always, I started off with a freshly cleansed, toned & moisturised face (if you’d like to see my morning skincare routine click here). As you can see my eye bags look particularly dark & I have a few blemishes! Oh, I’d already had mascara on earlier in the day so I didn’t bother taking it off!! #lazy
1. As Mulan has super perfect skin I used my all time fave foundation; L’Oreal True Match Foundation (for a review click here) to even out those nasty blemishes & dark circles. I applied this all over my face in a buffing/stippling motion using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.
2. To conceal the dark circles I used my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, I just press this into the skin using my ring finger. Although the foundation does an amazing job at evening out the skin tone i still need extra coverage for my under eyes! They were particularly bad this day.
3. To ensure your face makeup lasts all day don’t forget to powder it. I used the FAB Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder.
4. Mulan has a peach-y, pink blush to her cheeks, so to re-create that I mixed together my Natural Collection Blushes in the shades Peach Melba & Pink Cloud. This gave me the closest & most gorgeous colour to my cheeks. To apply the blush I used my RT Stippling Brush, this brush is fool-proof, it doesn’t pick a ton of product up which is great when working with blushes! 🙂
On with the eyes. Mulan has quite a simple makeup look, I choose to contour the socket of my eye with Benefit’s Hoola, to apply this I used the RT Base Shadow Brush! I then lined my lash line & winged it out a little, nothing too dramatic but just to give the eyes a bit of a lift. To do this I used my Maybelline Gel Liner in Black & my 17 angled brush to get a precise line/wing. Using my Rimmel White Kohl Liner I lined my waterline to open up my eyes. As I already had my Maybelline Rocket Volum’ Mascara on, I just went over the lashes to intensify them.
To finish off the look I combed through my brows & defined them with my brown Eyebrow Pencil (don’t know the brand, sorry!!). I curved my eyebrows, rather than creating a precise angle, as Mulan’s brows are more rounded. To complete the look I applied my Topshop Lips in Screen Siren, I over drew my top & bottom lips to make them look more pouty & defined, like Mulans.
Overall I like how this Mulan inspired makeup look turned out. As always, we cannot end without a selfie, a fierce Mulan selfie to be precise…
I hope you’ve enjoyed this Mulan inspired look as much as I enjoyed creating it. I absolutely adore Disney & doing these makeup looks makes me sooooo excited 😀
Which Disney Princess would you like to see me re-create next week?
Lots of Love Natasha ❤
– ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ –
Have you enjoyed this post? Then hit the like button or feel free to leave me a comment or contact me via any of my social media websites – hearing from you beauties makes me SMILE! 😀 – Don’t forget to follow me for daily posts about make-up, beauty & all the good stuff in-between! xo