Since I’ve already done a post about my morning skincare routine (click here), I thought it was about time I did my evening skincare routine, it is also a kind of ‘how I remove my makeup’ post as well since I do wear makeup most days 🙂
To start my evening cleansing routine I first remove my makeup, I start off by taking my eye makeup off, to do this I use baby oil. Yes, that’s right, I said baby oil, I discovered this tip from Sinead Cady (The Makeup Chair on YouTube). It seriously removes every trace of eye makeup whilst conditioning the lashes (I can see a difference, when I use baby oil my lashes grow to be thicker & fuller). However, you do have to make sure you don’t get too much of it on your face as it will clog your pores! (your eye area is different to the rest of your face, it isn’t made up of pores as such, which we have on the rest of the face!) 🙂
Anyway, I take a bit of baby oil onto a cotton pad & press it lightly on my eye for a few seconds! When you wipe the cotton pad away the majority of your eye makeup will be gone 🙂 To remove the rest of my face makeup I then take a makeup wipe (well I use baby wipes, just because they are cheaper & to me they all do the same job!!) & lightly buff it over the skin to remove the rest of my makeup.
*side note* I wouldn’t advise using ONLY a makeup wipe to take your makeup off as it doesn’t get deep into the skin like a cleanser, meaning your more likely to become prone to breakouts due to dirty skin/clogged pores!
Once most of my makeup is taken off I then go in with my cleanser, Liz Earle’s Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, I take a pea-sized amount between my fingers & massage it into my face for a minute or so, I then take a muslin cloth & buff the cleanser off, taking with it the residue of my makeup & any other dirt left on the skin 🙂 SERIOUSLY. If you are having skin problems this cleanser is the BEST. I know it is quite pricey but for skincare I don’t think I could ever compromise; this cleanser has saved my skin, I hardly have breakouts now & it is definitely due to this product as I did have a month or so where I’d run out of it & my skin went crazy!
Lastly, to finish off my evening skincare routine I use both Simple’s toner & thick moisturiser. I put a bit of toner on a cotton pad & wipe it all over the face & neck (never forget the neck with all skincare!), after the wetness has gone from my face I then apply my moisturiser all over my face & neck to re-hydrate my skin (although the Liz Earle cleanser DOESN’T leave the skin feeling dry, I know it’s best to moisturise as well, even for someone like me with oily skin!!).
My top 5 skincare tips:
1. Be sure to remove all traces of makeup on a night.
2. Find a cleanser that is right for you & stick with it.
3. Never forget to take the skincare down your neck. We apply makeup there so it only seems right! Also, the neck gives off the biggest signs of aging!
4. ALWAYS moisturise, even if you have oily skin. Your skin will be worse for it if you don’t, as it will over produce oils to compensate.
5. When using oils to take eye makeup off be sure it is fully removed & don’t get too much on your face.
I hope you have enjoyed this post or at least found it helpful. If you have any questions about any of the products, then please leave a comment below 🙂
Lots of Love Natasha ♥
– ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ –
Have you enjoyed this post? Then hit the like button or feel free to leave me a comment or contact me via any of my social media websites – hearing from you beauties makes me SMILE! 😀 – Don’t forget to follow me for daily posts about make-up, beauty & all the good stuff in-between! xo
Today I’m going to share with you my everyday morning skincare routine. Bearing in mind that I have oily & spot prone skin (it’s not super oily but definitely gets oily throughout the day, especially in the t-zone!!) these products may not work for you, but these are the combination of products I’ve found that work best for my skin type as they help combat the oil & keep it at bay throughout the day! 🙂
These are the products I use everyday as part of my morning skincare routine…
1. Liz Earle: Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (Muslin Cloth included) –The first thing I do when I wake up is wash my face with this cleanser using the hot muslin cloth to lightly polish off the product. Although it is renowned for its ability to take make-up off (which I do also use it as part of my evening skincare routine) I LOVE it to awaken my skin in the morning as it smells divine & refreshes me ready to start the day.
Liz Earle claims that this cleanser is suitable for all skin types, however, I don’t know how well it works with other skin types as my skin is quite oily, but with my oily skin this is a perfect cleanser. It keeps the oil at bay but doesn’t leave the skin feeling dry. This is probably due to the cream-like formula of this product as it seems to add the moisture back into your skin whilst cleansing, which even oily skin needs!!
2. Neutrogena: Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating Scrub –I don’t use this product every day, probably about once a week, but when I do I apply a pea-sized amount onto my face and gently massage it into the skin; concentrating it in the t-zone (areas you are most oily/blackhead prone), I then rinse it off with warm water.
This scrub leaves my skin feeling deeply cleansed and super soft (which i love). I have definitely found that this product keeps my blackheads and oil at bay. It is brilliant for those days when my skin needs that extra deep cleanse, but with that said I don’t like to over exfoliate my skin as the polishing motion with the muslin cloth when using the Liz Earle cleanser acts as a light exfoliater (which I do every day!). It is safe to say this scrub is my favourite at unclogging the pores, which is brilliant if you wear make-up on a daily basis.
3. Simple: Pore Minimising Toning Cleanser –Next in my morning skincare routine I apply a pea-sized amount of this toner onto a cotton pad and gently wipe it all over my face to ensure it is clean & prepped ready for make-up. Simple claim that this toner is pore minimising, I would agree with this as the gel-like formula helps to fill in and reduce the appearance of pores, whilst refreshing your face, making for a fabulous make-up base!
4. Simple: Light Moisturiser –I apply a pea-sized amount of this light moituriser all over my face and neck (never forget the neck!!) and wait a few minutes for it to sink into my skin before applying make-up. As I have oily skin I don’t like to over moisturise my skin before I apply my make-up (but I could never skip this step, it’s so vital in any skincare routine!) but this light moisturiser from Simple is perfect for the day time as it leaves your skin feeling moisturised, but not oily, and sinks into the skin quickly (I hate it when moisturisers take forever to sink in as they always seem to leave a greasy residue!!).
5. Simple: Baby Moisturising Wipes – Although I don’t use these every morning I thought they were worth a mention. Sometimes if I’m in a rush in a morning I’ll use a make-up wipe (well baby wipe, they’re the same thing but cheaper!) to freshen up my face and then apply my moisturiser before make-up. As they are baby wipes they are very kind to the skin and don’t irritate it throughout the day, they aren’t too moisturising but that’s why I apply my moisturiser on top before applying any makeup. In a nutshell, they are a quick fix for when I may have slept through my alarm (oopsie!).
Thank you for reading my morning skincare routine. I hope you have found this post helpful and interesting, as always I’d LOVE to know your thoughts! If you’ve tried any of these products I’d love to know what you thought of them & if you would like to see a review on any of these products mentioned please let me know, I’d be more than happy to do it for you 😀
Lots of Love, Natasha ♥
Disclaimer; I have not been sponsored to include any of these products, I am in no way affiliated with any of these brands and have bought them all with my own money!
I finally found enough courage & confidence to post my first ever makeup tutorial on YouTube!
I know it’s not the best but I don’t think it’s bad for my first video! I hope to improve as I do more videos, getting used to doing my makeup in front of a lens is going to be difficult but makeup is a passion of mine I would like to share 🙂
Feel free to comment/rate/subscribe!
I would also love it if you could leave me comments below the video on what you would like me to film in the future, thank you! ♡